A Community Together Addressing Needs and Changing Lives
This Holiday Season, Shear Artistry will support Conestoga Valley Christian Community Services (CVCCS) in their mission to meet the various needs of our homeless, at-risk and socially isolated neighbors by providing food, clothing and shelter, as well as access to established social service providers in an effort to sustainably improve their standard of living.
We will fulfill this mission with integrity and credibility while protecting the dignity of those we serve without discrimination.
CVCCS addresses needs within our community through multiple programs. They are:
- Food Bank – The Food Bank serves on average 135 families each year. They have served 320,000 lbs. of food per year at wholesale value of $550,300.
- Clothing Bank – The Clothing Bank serves 80 families per month. This equates into approximately 24,000 articles of clothing.
- Weekend Blessings – Weekend Blessings serves 145 students during the school year each weekend. This equates to approximately 14,800 meal per school year.
- Student Backpack Program – The Student Backpack Program provides school supplies at the start of the new school year for 135 students.
- Thanksgiving Box Giveaway – The Thanksgiving Box Giveaway provides about 125-135 complete meals for the holiday.
- Christmas Giveaway – The Christmas Giveaway provides 200 complete meals for the holiday along with gifts for the children.
- Summer Lunch Club – The Summer Lunch Club provides approximately 120 students ages 2-18 three days a week over the summer.
Now that you know all that CVCCS has to offer, here’s how you can help Shear Artistry support their mission. CVCCS is in need of the following clothing items:
- Boys Socks
- Boys Underwear (sizes 6-14)
- Ladies Socks
- Ladies Underwear (sizes 5 & 6 only)
Bring any of the above listed clothing items into Shear Artistry and as a special thank you, receive $1 off a retail purchase. All donations will be accepted through December 20, 2015.
You must be logged in to post a comment.